Monday, September 29, 2014

Sonnet

This week in my British Literature class, one of our assignments was to write a sonnet (14 lined poem with a single central theme). After combining a few poems I had previously written, I was fairly pleased with the outcome:







Longing carves ridges beneath my eyes

I allow emptiness to roll onto my neck,

Leaving a wet trail,

The shadows of when he was here.

I crave that familiar feeling,

As I embrace the tears running down my cheeks;

The closest things I can feel to him.

Loneliness is when your thoughts become louder than the music,

More alive that the crowd.

It is standing in an empty street,

Watching lights change: green, yellow, red.

It is being trapped in your own mind

Searching for the beat of a breath.

It is all I have felt, apart from my love.



No comments:

Post a Comment